Dali Van Gogh are a 4 piece Rock band out of Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, consisting of Marcel McNeil on Vocals, Isaac Kent on Guitar, Scott Turnbull on Bass, and Sean Sawler on Drums.
The band originally formed in 2008, and since then have release three records; Their debut CD "Verbal Warning" (Nov. 2010), the EP "Mask Identity" (Apr. 2012) and their latest record "Wild Blue City" (Sep. 2012). They have also been featured on several compilations albums.The band is currently marketing their latest single "Understand" to more then 450 radio stations across the United States, as well as to international markets including but not limited to London England, Guadalajara Mexico, The Philippians, and Norway. You can check out the single locally on Q104.
Dali Van Gogh were chosen as one of the top 25 Bands of 2012 by Rockwired Magazine, with their Guitarist Isaac Kent featured as one of the top guitarists in Independent Music world wide earlier in the year. They have since been nominated for two 2013 E-Major Awards, Record of The Year EP for ?Mask Identity?, as well as Band of the Year.
CAREER HIGHLIGHTS (In reverse Chronological Order):
- With the release of their latest single, "Understand", in November of 2012, the band has reclaimed the #1 spot on the Reverbnation Rock Charts for Halifax Nova Scotia. They are currently holding that posision.
- Dali Van Gogh nominated for two Rockwired Radio Music Awards (E-Major Awards). One for Best artist of 2012, their record "Mask Identity" for Best Record (EP) of 2012.
- Dali Van Gogh selected as one of the top 25 Independent Bands of 2012 by Rockwired Magazine Editor Brian Lush in December of 2012. (http://www.rockwired.com/rockwiredmagazine8/december2012.html#/0)
- Dali Van Gogh Guitarist Isaac Kent selected as one of the top "25 guitarists you've gotta know" world wide in Independent music by Rockwired Magazine in October of 2012. He was also featured on the Cover of the issue.(http://www.rockwired.com/rockwiredmagazine6/october2012.html#/0)
- Our song The Demon selected to be a part of Kosher Komp Vol. 3 produced and distributed by Kosher Metal, a radio station out of New York. The compilation album features the best metal spinning on their Radio Station today. (http://koshermetal.bandcamp.com/album/the-kosher-komp-vol-3)
- We are currently in the midst of a major radio campaign including more then 450 radio stations across the United States. We are also receiving radio play around the world including stations as far from home as Mexico, Norway, England, and The Philippians. This recent campaign features both Wild Blue City, and our latest single Understand, released in November of 2012. Closer to home Understand has recently been picked up by Q104.
- Official Release of our latest record "Wild Blue City", and the Title Track in September of 2012.
- Performing at Riverfest in August of 2012.
- Featured in the debut issue of Rockwired Magazine in May of 2012.
- Our song Wild Blue City was selected to help launch SKUNK RADIO in London, England, in April of 2012. It was pre released to that station only.
- Released our EP "Mask Identity" in April of 2012, with 4 singles spinning world wide: Not My Worst, Weight Of The World, Sober, and The Demon.
- Ranked as the #1 Band on the Reverbnation Rock Charts for Halifax Nova Scotia from September 2010 to February 2011.
- Winner of the Nova Scotia leg of the Rogers Battle Of The Bands 2011, placing 3rd in the National Finals.
- Released our debut CD, "Verbal Warning", in November 2010.
- Our song "The Demon" was selected to be Canada's representative on 272 Records' (out of Hollywood California) "Kill City Vol 27" compilation album which was released
in September of 2010 in France, England, Germany, Belgium, Sweeden, Canada, USA, and many other countries around the world.
"...if Salvidor Dali and Vincent Van Gogh got to together and said lets do a portrait of Rock n Roll, you'd get the band Dali Van Gogh! We're honored to have this premier [of "The Demon"]. Horns Up Dali Van Gogh!"
- Lord Malignus, Evolution Rock Metal Podcast (Feb 25, 2012)
"The talent that these musicians bring into play have the ability to take certain circumstances and experiences and twist them into a song that will leave you spell bound. From those incredible vocals right down to the spine tingling guitar riffs, every chord, every note, every sound leaves a mark."
- Joe Conte, A & R Select Press Room (Jan 26, 2012)
"This single [Not My Worst] is getting its pre-release due to it's extraordinary power and texture. It captures a well synchronized and well versed group with a sound that is like no other ... It reflects the band as a united group and the power that is generated when the synergies flow so perfectly."
- Grace Consoli, A & R Select Press Room (Jan 26, 2012)
"Dartmouth?s Dali Van Gogh has won the Nova Scotia portion of the Rogers Battle Of The Bands. Hard rockers Dali Van Gogh ? Marcel McNeil on vocals, Isaac Kent on lead guitar, Nason Scribner on drums, and Megan McKenzie on bass ? picked up $1,000 as first prize and advance to the national finals. The band has released its first CD Verbal Warning. Listen to a sample of their music at www.reverbnation.com/dalivangogh."
- (The Chronicle Herald), The Tattler (Feb 10, 2011)
"Dali Van Gogh play meaty, soulful hard rock. Melodic songwriting and beautiful vocal harmonies, driven along by full fat, high octane bluesy riffology, and fat, grooving bass and drums. It?s old school stuff, in common with contemporary acts like Kings Of Leon, which just goes to show some things can?t be improved on."
- Live Unsigned (Nov 13, 2010)
"Their sound was rugged and vibrant, reminiscent of early years AC/DC and Led Zeppelin slashed through with a more modern-sounding crunch on the guitar work. Very good stuff from a very good band...These guys had a crazy stage presence, particularly lead singer Marcel Macneil and lead guitarist Isaac Kent. It's clear these guys are no stranger to live shows."
- Stuart Rankin, Independent Journalist (Sep 19, 2010)
Friday, February 24, 2012
Dali Van Gogh To Be Featured On Evolution Rock's Metal Podcast
Dartmouth's own Dali Van Gogh will be featured on Evolution Rock's Metal Podcast this weekend.
We're powered by Podio- a new type of collaboration software where sharing, communicating and getting work done takes place in one online platform - fully customizable through the unique ability to create your own apps.
musicnovascotia.ca is licensed under SOCAN's Tariff 22F